September 22, 2007

Anime Pacific Episode 41: Autumn Anime Season Preview # 2

Download Episode 41 here.


I think I've found the reason for our spike in female listeners.





First, apologies! I never supplied the link to Star Crossed Anime Blog like I promised. However, I'm sure any remotely sentient being would have just typed "Star Crossed Anime" in google.

Shootin' The Breeze

We finally crossed the coveted, 3 digit feedburner listeners score. (Although my stats show that we reached that milestone months ago!)
And now have about 1/16 the ratings of Anime World Order. I'm sure they feel suitably threatened.

As I promised that I would rat on other podcasters once we hit 100 listners, I let loose!

We were mentioned at Aint It Cool News, oh joy! Check this link out, there's some jolly nice stuff featured that we talk about.

I also mention the joy of travelling to Japan via Indian Airlines.



And, because we kept making jokes about "Left Behind", here's a totally non Anime / Pacific related video, that's simply hilarious.



Alex also has an emotional rant about how the Yen is at rock bottom and the Canadian dollar is doing great. Which might sound fantastic, but all his savings are still in Japan.

Season Preview # 2:


Night Wizard


A mysterious transfer student!? A run down school club!? Magic and alternate worlds with high school age characters!? Ingenious! How on earth did they think about this?



Soukou Kihei Votoms: Pailsen Files

An OVA sequel to one of the greatest Mecha Anime of all time? Yes please!



Moyashimon

Making an anime based off cute marketing characters is nothing new. Having those cute characters be different types of bacteria, is. The synopsis sounds extremely funny and original, something sadly lacking this anime season.



Shugo Chara

Good for the kids, and younger girls. Sadly, I have a feeling most of the downloaders will be lonely 35 year-old males.



Ghost Hound

Whilst it sounds like a bad Hanna Barbera cartoon of the 60's, this deserves mention just for the talent behind it alone.



It's a wrap!


I chat about Mid-Autumn festival, one of my favourite festivals.



But forget that, I want me some Mooncakes!





And because me and Alex are sick of stories with young teens as the main stars, check out Shady Acres!