September 09, 2007

Episode 39: I am protodevlin!

Download Episode 39 here.




If you're wondering why there seems to be a general absense of male, cowboy strippers, it's most likely due to the fact that it's Alex's birthday!

Shootin' The Breeze

In the span of a week, I sold my apartment and bought a new one, Huzzah!
Alex also discusses what he did, or didn't do for his birthday.

We also talk about the consequences of celebrities leaking a naked photo and/or sex video in the US compared to Asia. Lovely topic for a supposed "Anime podcast" is it not?

Toby MacGuire to helm live action Robotech movie


Alex's dream has come true; Toby MacQuire has blown him............away, with the news that he'll be producing and possibly staring in a live action adaptaion of Robotech.

Promos Played:

Up A Paddle
Lather's Blather
R5 Central

Shoutout: Animefe

Male Mail

Bort2Bort kindly e-mailed us and let us know that torrentspy is no longer accepting US visitors and as such, the torrent link that I posted in my review of Koroshiya Ichi aka. Ichi The Killer is unavaiable for those residing in the US.

As it is scanlated by Band Of The Hawks, the torrent links to both high res and low res versions should be obtainable there.

Monolith e-mailed in regards to Shenmue and "Junior Idols".

Here's an interesting article regarding this at Japundit.

Rant: I'm sick to dead of the "puppy face" that's all the rage in Asia

Here's a good example of how to take a good picture:

Superb! Lovely!



Now, here's a good example of the "puppy dog look"! Egads girl, you know only coconut-haired moe freaks are going to go for that look! Stop it! Stop it I say!



Review: Macross 7



It seems no other fans in existence are as divided as as Macross 7 fans.

The beauty of this review is not so much the anime that I'm talking about, but the spectacular way in which I completely ruin in, much to Alex's delight. Whilst this is by far, my worst review yet, it's also the most entertaining.

Enjoy!

Torrents are here.


It's a wrap!


We'll be checking out some of the new anime out there and will cook up some even more catastrophic lovely reviews and tidbits for next episode. Until then, farewell!

Bonus: Life with APEC

A bonus e-mail from my sister about the APEC conference going on in Sydney. This goes off on a political tangent and as such, wasn't included in the main show, feel free to listen if you are interested!