March 12, 2008

Overlooking

A little incident that happened a little past midnight yesterday...

My friend had passed me a DVD installation for CABAL SEA during the party, but when I got back, I discovered it was missing. I quickly searched the house, the car, retraced my steps, and even called some of my friends (sorry guys).

I couldn't find it anywhere, and was already starting to think of ways to apologize (which I do very often).

I tried to look for it for about 30 minutes and finally decided to give up, since I was extremely tired.

Then, as I get into the bed and lie down for a few moments, I realized I had put it in a pocket in the car.

I honestly felt like slapping myself for making such a mistake.

Has anything similar happened to you? A situation where you think you've lost something, but it's really very close to you.

Another example of that kind of situation would be asking around, "Where's my eraser?" when it's really just in your hand.