March 01, 2008

Sahara Cafe

In an unexpected turn of events, I ended up being a food tester in a cafe for lunch. (lol)

It's a cafe of a friend's friend, and goes by the name of "Sahara cafe"



Not too big a place, but somewhere around just right.


Their specialty is Nasi Lemak (literally, fat rice. It's really just coconut rice). The "okazu" are all there for you to choose, you just grab a plate, grab your own rice then the okazu.


Of course, the cafe can't survive on Nasi Lemak alone (unless it's really good), so there are other foods, like Singaporean Laksa, and Kedah Asam Laksa (pictured below).


According to the rest who ate with me, neither the Singaporean laksa nor the Kedah Asam Laksa tastes good. They found it to be somewhat.. lacking.

I, being the simple (and idiotic) man that I am, took rice, fish curry, and fried chicken. ^^;


Doesn't take much to satisfy me, I always say.. *lies, lies*

The cafe here features drinks you'd normally find in other stalls. Their Milo Ais (Iced Milo) was a tad bit too watery, resulting in a slight lack of taste. Their Iced Barley, too, was watery and barley had any taste. (Bad pun with barley and barely)


Their soya bean drink was good though. Sweet. (Once again, bad pun on sweet)


BTW- don't worry, they do give you a full cup. I just took the picture half-way through.

Their Iced Mocha was good too.

If you're looking for a quiet cafe to relax in, I don't recommend you go to Sahara Cafe. It is, like I said, not too big, and if it's crowded, it'll be noisy. Not to mention that they've got a blender outside of the kitchen, so that contributes to the noise as well.

Over all, I rate this cafe two beltholes out of four. (Belthole rating explained here.)

Oh, and did I mention? I got all of that food for free. ^^