April 04, 2008

Otaku Stores in Malaysia 1 - Youth Comic Station

EDIT (13th October, 2008): Unfortunately, this place has now closed down. I suspect it was due to a lack of business, but whatever the reason, it is sad to have lost an otaku store.
A while back, Squee asked the question- what are the usual otaku haunts in KL?

I don't really know what the usual haunts are, but I'm going to start a series of some of the places I visit regularly.

This be "Youth Comic Station".


Located @ 2nd Floor, Pearl Point, Old Klang Road.


Has been a sale going on for a long time now, but nobody's buying anything. It's all manga, but it's in Mandarin. And I, unfortunately, can't read Mandarin.

Is a very good place to get Chinese manga, and some pirated VCD box sets. Also available are some figures (quite a number. But I am guessing they are bootlegs too), posters and many accessories. This be where I got my Dirge and Alastor.

I usually come here to get my accessories- bought a new one today, along with a poster.

Will review them sometime tomorrow. I'm having a bit of a headache now.

So if you're down in Malaysia, and it's not out of your way, you might wanna just take a look at the place- lots of good products for cheap (and they're not pirated goods).