While I was at a camp in Melaka, I stayed in Mahkota Hotel, so thought I'd talk about the hotel.
Click here to read more
Had to take some pictures with my phone, since the batteries weren't charged on the first day ^^;
Once you enter the lobby, there's a buffet restaurant on your left, and the reception is on the right.
All rooms are 1 to 3 room apartments. Due to some problems with the rooming, I ended up changing apartments once, changed rooms 3 times, and slept in different rooms every night ^^;
It's not noticable in this picture, but the bathroom was rather dirty. The bathtub especially, but I forgot to take a picture of that.
The view would have been nice, if only this wing of the hotel wasn't in the way.
While the view was kinda nice, the 2-room apartment was really cramped, and was a little dirty..
After my roommates complained, we managed to change to a 3-room apartment, which was about 6,412,731,287,051,982,371 times more spacious compared with the previous apartment.
This bathroom was much cleaner. Not clean, but cleaner.
That tower you see there is the Melaka tower. After quickly Googling it up, I've learnt that it's shaped after Hang Tuah's Taming Sari Keris.
A medical center nearby.
BTW- the Melaka tower has a rotating lift cabin- that is, it moves vertically while rotating. (See lift cabin here)
This shot taken from the car park.
Ate my breakfasts and dinners at the hotel. Was buffet, but not the one at the lobby- it's next to the pool.
Fried chicken, fish (and fish curry), and.. something else I forget.
Beef sausages, hash browns, and ham. Also took some sauce which was for the salad, but have no idea why I did that.
Mixed vegetables, tofu, fish, and chicken.
Wanted to eat some bread and kaya, but there was no kaya. orz
The last dinner, I didn't feel too good, so ate less. Rendang, and fish again.
Sausages, wedges and pancakes. Was absolutely delicious.
The hotel has two pools- this is one of them. Didn't get a shot of the other.
The elevator of wing 1 (where my second apartment was) was a little broke.
The elevators were also a little strange.. some only had an "open" button but no "close" button, while others had no "open" button and had a "close" button instead.
There's a store that sells souvenirs, snacks, and stuff. Chuckled a bit when I saw this sign apologizing for inconvenient caused.
Overall, the hotel's an okay place to stay in. I think my stay was ruined a little due to moving rooms so many times, but that's just my personal experience.
The buffet food was nice, but there was not much selection available.
A good point of this hotel is that it's withing walking distance of lots of attractions, including Jonker Walk.
Their website here.