June 14, 2008

Malaysian Food 1


Melaka's "Chicken Ball Rice". No, they do not serve you chicken's balls.

This restaurant (didn't catch the name) is very commercialized popular, but the food tastes just -okay-. What makes this restaurant famous is the uniqueness of it's food.

The food they serve is just chicken rice, but..


Their rice is shaped into balls (Yep. Balls).

Like I said, the taste of the food is normal, but eating the rice is a new experience. The texture of the rice is more.. mushy.


It's not very filling though. My friends and I had to go for durian cendol after this to fill our stomachs. I'd say you should try this just for the experience, and not to fulfill a meal.

This restaurant is located at the end of Jonker walk. This particular restaurant is a little stingy though.. They'll let you buy back the rice, but not the chicken.

You can also find chicken ball rice in other restaurants, but I'm not sure if it tastes as nice.