June 20, 2008

Malaysian Food 3

SS2 Murni, probably most crowded mamak ever (mamak = slang for any 24-hour Indian restaurant).

This mamak is known for it's unique and tasty food, and excellent service. Plus, it's trendy.

Their menu is unique, and has a selection vast enough for it to be considered a fusion restaurant. Some foods are Claypot Maggi mee (Chinese food), Ayam special (Indian food), and even Chicken Maryland (Western food).

One of my favorite foods from this place is the Ayam special (ayam = chicken).


It's roti canai, with chicken and egg on the inside. Beside it is not sauce, but mayonnaise.

Their drinks are also very unique- This one called, "I love you" (seriously).


"I love you" is Ribena, lychee, and two slices of lemon. Also comes with two straws.

Below is Mango special.


This tastes like.. mango. (lol) Has lychee too.

However, I suggest you come here with a local who's been here a few times, and knows what to order. When I asked the waiter, "Apa bagus?" (What's good?), he just replied, "Semua bagus" (Everything's good). ^^;

If you don't have any Malaysian friends to go with you, I personally recommend having and ayam special and mango special.

BTW- this place is EXTREMELY crowded and popular, so it's not unusual to see them setting up tables across a few blocks. They even set up tables in front of Secret Recipe, a good cake shop. It's a good idea to get to SS2 Murni (or, as we locals call it, "Murni's") a little earlier, but don't get there too early, or they won't have the good stuff (ayam special, etc) prepared. After 7 should be fine. If you get there too late, you might have trouble finding a place to sit.

Murni's is located at Jalan SS2/75, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.