September 03, 2011

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World Review



and tend not to see movies multiple times, just like I usually do not read books that I enjoyed more than once, but Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is definitely no exception. I know that this movie has been out for several weeks and may be leaving the theater already, but I wanted to share your opinion on this great work. I'm a fan of anime, manga, video games, and Michael Cera for a good long time, so when you get them all together as director Edgar Wright has done, you can bet your sweet ass I'll be there.

Honestly Scott Pilgrim vs. the World does not start a little slow, cuts seem a bit awkward, and there is a rather abstract sense to start dealing with the first evil ex-boyfriend. Michael Cera plays back in its range, aloof and indifferent, but a little swagger and frustration thrown in that it does not separate this time from the other films. Kieran Culkin is by far the best actor group, and I am confident that it will collect some additional roles in the future just based on his performance in this film. Playing Scott's roommate, it does tend to drive most of the humor in the film.

Ramona, played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead is probably the least interesting character in the movie, I almost felt like he could play almost any actor in the same effect. Since it is such a powerful impact on the plot, it is strange that just ends up as a trophy, a carrot on a stick to chase the protagonist. Other casting choices, such as Scott's now-famous ex-girlfriend envy, and Ramona former lesbian lover, Roxy, are so similar that is a little confusing to the viewer. I am a big fan of Jason Schwartzman, and unfortunately, he gives a short but great performance as the leader of League of Evil Exes. I was so inspired by his style in this film that I immediately went out and I bought some glasses to match those of the sport here.

By Scott Richenbacher bass that plays throughout the film, to Zelda T-shirts and super combo ends up thrown around for the duration of the show for the game and anime fans in a way that no other film in this decade is. It is obvious that Edgar Wright is a real fan of the media are presented, and I want other directors are so obviously passionate about his work. While some of the evil ex-boyfriend are more interesting than others, all in the fight scene in the film are an absolute blast, and I honestly have never seen anything like it before.

My favorite scene, and one that I believe that manga is really spread like aspects of the film, is a socially tense encounter between Scott and Todd, a master of vegan telepath. Tension to break and Scott step for Todd in anger, but the scene freezes, Scott was raised on legs with a slight movement from Todd, the world goes black, and we get 2d shot that just screams Otaku. Things like this are throughout the film, and I invite everyone to experience Scott Pilgrim vs. the World at least once, because there is no other live action movie that comes close to this kind of style.

is a great soundtrack with the film revolves around Scott's band, Sex Bob-Ombs, not just the obvious reference to Mario, but actually perform many of the songs on the official soundtrack. Most of the songs have Indy-punk styles that fit very well the mood of the film. Other bands featured here are Crash and the Boys, Metric, and Beck, all of which I enjoy immensely, so do not hesitate to raise any soundtrack.

I do not buy movies, I'm not a collector, I just do not understand the point should make the experience, but this is one movie that I absolutely will buy the Blu-ray as soon as possible. This is something I want to share with guests who have just seen, something that will want to from time to time, because it's good, that is unique.