Just finished watching H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ a few seconds ago.
Here are my comments on the series..
WARNING! The following *MAY* contain spoilers.
Plot
Is somewhat original- even if it is clichéd, it was not clichéd enough for me to notice (which is good). The development isn't too bad, but there are some sudden, unexpected twists. Is fine otherwise though. It starts out okay, but already leaves you with a big question by the end of the first episode. There are many more questions that will pop up as you watch the series, but they're all(?) answered as the series progresses.
Characters
The start might leave you hating/disliking some characters, so you should be careful not to let that get to you as you see them get closer to the main characters. The character designs are good, and I did not find any characters to be annoying. There was a significant amount of character development, but not enough details are revealed about their past to understand the emotions of certain issues. I.E.- good character development, but not deep enough. Has many cute girls (and guys) so that's a plus.
Genre
The article on Wikipedia labels this as drama and romance, but there are also some comedy and supernatural elements involved. The romance isn't bad, but does not surpass nor equate other romance-drama titles like Emma (but I could be prejudiced on that). As for drama.. fair enough. Didn't do very well though, as my emotions weren't swayed too much. Some characters needed more screentime to aid the drama aspect of the show. Comedy is good where it's present, and supernatural elements weren't too far-fetched.
Soundtrack
Neither the opening nor ending caught my attention, and the soundtrack wasn't very noticeable. IMHO, if a soundtrack is good, it will be noticed by the viewer
Other Comments
Unfortunately, it doesn't leave me wishing for more. The series did make me want to keep watching, but the feeling of anticipation for the next episode was not great. The ending is good, but, like I've mentioned a few times, leaves you confused as to what really happened. Some things weren't clear, and only after reading some other blogs did I realize some stuff.
Overall, I'd say this series is okay- Rated 8.5/10
What do you think of my review? I'm not too sure what to cover in an anime review, so would very much like to listen to your opinion.
BTW- if you've seen H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ and would like to say what you think about the series, feel free to drop a comment.
EDIT- March 30th, 1:22 AM
*SPOILER* The biggest question I asked in the end of the series was whether Hayami was brought back to life, or if Takuma was just seeing her spirit. After reading what some other bloggers had to say, it would appear that popular opinion is that Hayami was brought back to life.
-AND- I realized my review sucks. (lol)
Edited the review a little.
EDIT- March 30th, 1:21 PM
Realize I forgot to comment on the soundtrack.. Just added