Click here to read my review.
Plot & Development - 3/4
The plot's not too bad, but I won't say it's great. One of the reasons I didn't finish this series earlier is because the story couldn't really keep me interested. The development is on the okay side, and focuses on different elements throughout the show. More on development in the genre section
Soundtrack - 2/2.5
Great OPs and EDs. I don't quite like KOTOKO, but found still the second OP and second ED nice. The soundtrack helps along the mood just fine, but there aren't any significantly good tracks.
Characters - 2/2
All the characters are designed very nicely. Even Yuji's parents look good. xD There was quite an amount of significant character development, but not quite enough for some- the new characters especially.
Genre - 1/1
Action, Romance, Fantasy. The fantasy element does very well. It's well developed, and not over the top. As for action and romance, I'm not quite satisfied with it. Most of the romance is developed in the beginning, and most of the action is at the end. I would've liked to see more romance, but since that isn't the focus of the show, the lack of it is acceptable.
Other comments - 0.5/0.5
Ike x Kazumi! I was hoping for that to happen, but nothing of the sort was shown. I'm honestly not satisfied with how the romance ended, but I liked the series' end. Would definitely love to see more of Shakugan no Shana. ^^
Score:
Plot & Development: 3
Soundtrack: 2
Characters: 2
Genre: 1
Other Comments: 0.5
Total: 8.5/10
Click here to hide my review.