March 18, 2011

Announcing Series Posts

All right, folks (← this word makes me feel very Bugs Bunny) this is an announcement post. I'm sure you couldn't see that from the title of the post, right?


Anyway. What am I announcing? Series posts!


Prettymuch, on top of my anime reviews and impressions posts and the other random crap I throw up here (read: this), I'm going to be running four different post series for the moment. A full schedule will exist soon enough, but for right now I'll just introduce what these post series are. The schedule will probably be for my eyes only anyway. And each series will have an introductory post of its own....most likely very short ones.


Top Tens


This series already started a few days ago, with my Top Ten Anime Guys post. It's kind of exactly what it sounds like. Posts on my top ten...things. There are going to be sixteen of them total, including the one that's here now. Also, random CC picture FTW: 
 


Even if I haven't finished Code Geass just yet. Whatever.



Silent Hill Soundtracks




Half-review/half-me-fangirling. That's it right there. I'm going to go through all of the OSTs, with either one or two posts for each of the albums. I haven't played the games, so it will be firmly based on the music.


Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series




My adoration of this series was recently re-discovered. I watched an episode over again and then ended up watching the entire thing over again. I used to be obsessed with this—I mean really, a friend and I would have entire conversations in Abridged quotes, which was awesome. As of right now, for anyone who doesn't know, there are 50 episodes of this parody series, along with 2 movies. In each post I'll go over a few episodes, hitting some highlights and giving random commentary and summarizing the episode and whatnot. Each movie will most likely get its own post—though since The Other Abridged Movie is episode-length, it may get stuffed in with a few episodes. I really look forward to this series.


Durarara!!




All right. I just got done re-watching this anime for the first time. I was trying to figure something out. It didn't really work, to be honest. There will be a post about that, possibly as the introductory post for this series. (Note: what I was trying to figure out is a result of my top ten lists.) Other than that, this series is going to be me watching the series yet again (probably a bad idea when I'm supposed to be watching 150 series this year, but whatever) and running through them in Summary-Commentary Mode as with YGOTAS. There will also be other random DRRR!!-related posts intermingled in the series.


So there they are!


Normal posts will continue as usual while these four series are going on.


Oh, and in the near future (later today?) I'll be changing my Reviews page to a Post Index page.