March 28, 2011

Top Ten Most Hated Characters

Well, I was going to do my review of Sister Princess today, but then I realized I took it off my laptop and need to put it back on in order to get my screenshots, so that gets to wait until at least tomorrow. What to replace it with? After skimming my top 10 lists, I figured why not talk about those people I hate more than anyone else from anime?


Seriously, I cannot guarantee a lack of spoilers in this post by any means, so if you haven't seen something and you plan to, I suggest skipping over my reasons for hating that character


Number Ten: Kadota Kyouhei/Dotachin (Durarara!!)




Kadota is an ex-Blue Square, currently a member of the Dollars. He's actually kind of cool.


Look. It is not Kadota's fault that I hate him. Throughout the course of the series, he didn't do a damn thing to me or anyone I cared about, which is why he's my least-hated of my most-hated. So if he didn't do anything to bring on my hatred, why the heck do I hate him enough to put him on this list at all?


For this, blame the other Durarara!! fans, the ones who decided that art of Kadota/Izaya was a good idea. It is not, in any way, a good idea. Especially when it's Izaya and Kadota kissing in a classroom with Shizuo sitting on the floor outside looking depressed as all hell. No, this is not okay. It's only a result of that piece of art and some others that I hate Kadota.


In fact, as a result of that, I hate basically any given couple if he is a part of it. I have lately come to accept (even love!) him and Chikage, a character who wasn't in the anime. But really...well my husband and I (or should I say my flea and I?) blame Kadota for everything.


Number Nine: Saki Mikajima (Durarara!!)




Saki is...Masaomi's ex-girlfriend re-girlfriend who is in the hospital for the duration of the series.


I don't even feel like justifying my hatred for this bitch. Prettymuch, all her crap with Masaomi? I dislike it. Intensely. The way she said he would always come back to her with that little smiley-smirk that kinda resembles Izaya's but is not nearly as sexy? I hate it. I hate her. I hate that Kida left with her at the end of the anime.


Fuck Saki.


Number Eight: Ash/Angela (Kuroshitsuji)


(As an incredibly random note, it's really hard to write about hating people when there is 'I Can Love You Like That' coming from my media player.)




Okay. First in the anime we got to experience Angela, who was supposed to be this rich dude's maid except she was really creepy and kinda powerful. Then we got Ash, who worked for the queen. I disliked Angela from the beginning, and I thought Ash was pretty hot. Well, then it turned out they were the same damn person and ugh.


I'm pretty sure my reasons for hating him/her/it are pretty obvious to anyone who has seen the series. It was its fault that Ciel's life went how it did, with his parents dying and the original house burning down and all. It was responsible for all of the shit everywhere, basically, minus the Jack the Ripper stuff. It kept switching genders and hitting on Sebastian, and that was probably one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen in my anime-watching existence, which is saying something, considering...well, anime. And also, at the end, it was its fault Pluto died.


Plenty of logical hatred there, I think.


Number Seven: Irato (Ghost Hunt)


First of all: 
 


Enough said, I think.


But okay, heard of Elizabeth Bathory, the crazy Hungarian countess from the 15-1600s, who thought that bathing herself in the blood of young virgin girls would keep her young forever? Well Irato is basically the anime version of that chick. He's actually dead at the time of the series, but he's like...refusing to actually go be a normal dead guy and pass on, instead having his two (also dead) servanty guys kidnap young people who come into his creepy-ass house (think Winchest Mansion) and kill them because, as he likes to say in his creepy dead voice, I don't want to die.


Lovely, isn't it?


Yeah, so, I hate him.


Number Six: Megumi Shimizu (Shiki)




For anyone who hasn't seen Shiki, Megumi is a girl who dies right away. I mean really, her corpse is the first thing you see, pre-OP and all. It's pretty awesome. Well, first it seems sad because you don't know anything about her. Then it goes back in time for a minute to before she died and you discover that she was really just a huge bitch. So her death is like woooooooo!!!!. Then Shiki decides to be an asshole, and she rises back to life as a Shiki herself.


So she can keep being a bitch.


And being in love with Natsuno. She kills Tohru because Natsuno is hanging out with him and how dare he be closer to Natsuno than I am. That about sums her up, right there. She spends the entire series being a bitch to quite literally everyone, until the end where she dies a glorious, painful-looking death that personally made me grin demonically.


Number Five: Sunako Kirishikiri (Shiki)




Sunako is the lead little vampire girl (as it is said, she has a mother-daughter relationship with Chizuru and Sunako is the mother) and she's the one who moves her little group to the tiny town and decides to start killing the people and whoever becomes a Shiki, so be it.


I get questioned about this a lot. Why hate Sunako? Well here's why I hate Sunako.


She moves her little group to the tiny town and decides to start killing the people and whoever becomes a Shiki, so be it. Yeah—okay, so you're going to kill the entire population of this town, 1300 people, destroy lives again and again, just so you can have a place to be yourself? Man, fuck you little girl, get a sense of perspective.


Now some people may use my own logic for other things against me—I refuse to hate characters like Kyubey (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) and Claude Faustus (Kuroshitsuji II) because I look at them as having a different set of morals, and doing the logical thing for their own kind. So wouldn't it be logical to think that a Shiki should know no other morals than doing what benefits herself? No, because she was a human before she was a Shiki.


So ha.


Number Four: Seishin Muroi (Shiki)




Muroi is the town priest in the series. He starts out as a pretty cool guy—in fact he was my favorite character for a little bit. Then he started socializing with the little girl and I sorta just expected him to die (I expected everyone to die).


Know what he did instead? Betrayed his best friend (the incredibly bad-ass town doctor, Ozaki) and fucking joined with the Shiki. And protected Sunako. And stopped Ookawa from killing the hell out of her. Then he went and lived.


God, I hated him so much at the end of the series.


Number Three: Soushu (Kyou Kara Maou!)




(Note: I couldn't find a picture of Soushu so this is just the Original King, who Soushu possesses. So just picture this being more purple, for some reason.)


The ultimate villain of the first two seasons (season three went an entirely different route and was not as good), Soushu. He'd been sealed in some boxes but he infected the Original King and there was this entire long situation that I'm not even going to try explaining here—if you want to know, go watch the series.


Suffice it to say, he caused some seriously bad stuff to go down at the end of season two, and it was really intense when you're as attached to the characters as I am, and as such I raged at him. I raged hard.


Number Two: Miyo Takano (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai)




Takano is the ultimate bitch. For the entirety of the first season, and part of the second, she seems like a normal nice, somewhat creepy (“you'll have to bury the body deeper than that” excuse me, what?) woman who just happens to die a lot. And everyone in Higurashi seems to die a lot, so it's not like it's anything exceptionally odd. Just happens.


So then you get to the truth and it turns out—this whole thing where everything in the town is repeating and poor like Rika has to suffer through it again and again, always dying, the entire town being wiped out? Oh yeah, that's Takano's fault, because she's a crazy evil bitch. It is not possible to like her. And I mean that—I ran a Higurasih panel at Ohayocon and did a show of hands for 'who hates Takano' and every single hand in that room went up. (Okay, one stayed down, but it was my friend who hasn't seen the series so it doesn't count.)


So for being a crazy, evil, causing-all-of-this-crap bitch, I honestly hate Takano with a horrible, powerful passion.


Number One: Near (Death Note)




Near is the detective (and I use that word in the loosest of ways) who takes up the task of hunting for Kira after L is killed. I've tried explaining my hatred of him to friends in the past and it never seems to go very well, because really, I hated him before I even knew much about him. Like—he showed up on the screen, with his stupid little toys and his stupid voice (watched the dub, for the record) and I was immediately all over that hatred.


Then he kept investigating, playing with those toys the entire time and generally being an annoying little brat, and by the way he hated L, whom I of course adore, and urgh. Probably the action I hated most was that he solved the case. Screw that—if L couldn't capture Light, this little bastard shouldn't have been able to capture Light. (And Mikumi was incredibly close to making this list for being a dumbasss and switching the Death Notes out when Light didn't tell him to do that.)


Seriously, Near...there is no one in the anime universe I hate more.


That's all.